Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sister Love, New Year Poems, Webmaster (NOT!)

Happy New Year - I am having a great holiday season and wish you one as well!
My big Sis Gretchen  - an international ballet star - turned 50 on 12-27-2011 - so you will get her poems first.

I have been prolific today - So grab a Coffee - or Tea! Send back your radiant love, and I will catch it off the breeze!


Gretchen, Karla, Grace, Kirby

My Sister
Joy & Power entwined with love envelop you when she enters
Her energy & fitness are palpable
She is the dancer….and the music
There is no separation
Her heart, spirit & body are always on center stage
She is busy creating, designing, choreographing
All the while she is able to encourage, laugh and shine her light 
on all who are blessed to know her
She is my sister, Gretchen!
Gretchen, Kirby, Karla

Karla, Gretchen

Karla top left; Gretchen, Our Dancer, seated right of teacher

Our Dancer, Gretchen
A joyful enthusiastic participant in all she does
A fiery spirit that pierces you with intensity
A protective & gentle mother, lover, wife
A spitfire of movement and grace
A generous heart that shares all
A positive sister & friend
A teacher of dance & life
A rich complex soul
Our Dancer,
Gretchen!

1-1-2012
New Day-New Year- New Decade …..for me
2012 brings my 5th decade – quite a Surprise to me
When I say it out loud; in my mosquito net, to myself
So what is this year to bring? What does it herald?
None of us ever knows –So, I am resolved to be joyful and open
Not to fear or fret – it has taken me 50 years to learn this lesson
What comes, will come; regardless of my concerns and worries
So I have sent my worries a’ packing!
I live in the present – for today
Placing my future in my faith in God, in the universe, in the goodness of my fellow time travelers
I wish peace, happiness, and freedom from suffering to all earths creatures this Year
What a gift to have the perspective from a different continent
The light is clearer from here.

Dolly 
The New Year is here – I shared it with Dolly Parton. Africa never ceases to surprise me.
Sitting alone – waiting for New Year’s eve to pass
as I am alone, frequently, with myself, my best friend.
Dolly began singing on a nearby breeze. REALLY – wafting across the fields to me.
Dolly – from Nashville – Tennessee – USA from 20 years ago – was singing in Uganda
And no one felt the magnitude of it but me
It made my eyes well up with longing for home. 
I knew all the words.
She will always love me – in her coat of many colors – from nine to five!
REALLY an entire Dolly Album brought me home for almost an hour
So after all it is a happy New Year for me!

African Safari                  
I am on an African Safari – for 27 months – it will change me forever
I pray, for the better – but there are no guarantees
Safari means Journey – for me, a walk about – a vision quest
A chance to connect, To Myself – To Others – To the Universe
I feel it working – I think
I try to think less and feel more
I feel like an observer
Here, but disconnected
Awaiting the outcome
Unknown
No hints, no cheat sheets
I might as well enjoy the ride
and wait for the results with everyone else

Tree Hugger     (Shout out to my Bro Bar-B-Q on this one!)                                                                                                            
So be it – you are a tree hugger
Yep – you love trees
You feel them – Alive, Breathing, Strong, Peaceful
They stand their ground
They watch over you …and all who pass
And you are so grateful for their unbending love
You are in awe of their steadfast presence
Their commitment to their place
Their slow and steady personal growth
As Protector and Guardian
They provide shelter, shade, safety ...to so many
You relish their diversity – rough, smooth, tall, dwarf, bushy, spear-shaped
Large leafed, needle leafed, fragrant, sticky – all magnificent
Of course you cannot help
But hug trees


----------------
...With Optimism for the coming year - Karla




2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Karla!
    "I try to think less and feel more" beautiful poems as always,
    Love you, Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked at your website. Technology is amazing when you ponder it... I can use your map and get directions to the school just like the store in the next town over from here...of course it takes a bit longer to follow your directions from here...
    Blessing.

    ReplyDelete