Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thanks Mom and Dad


Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad-

I am so grateful for the love and support you have shown me over here.  I  realized today that you are doing for me what I would do for my sons if they were in Peace Corps – I would be thinking of what they need and might like and then I would spend time collecting things and enjoying the process of caring for my grown sons again…just like when they were young.  I suppose that is what you are doing for me!

Your package arrived today and I Love this box the most – it was full of great items that made my eyes well up. The dinner plate hibiscus and moon vine seeds are such a great connection to Graceland. I also love the horse-print purse! The side pockets are the perfect size for carrying a water bottle. I think I will share the purse design with the craft designer at Comboni Samaritans as they had asked for new product ideas. I needed a purse mirror and you sent one without me asking – mind readers!! Also the foods, tape and lotions – I especially liked the aloe foot socks – I cant wait to put them on when I get back to site.

So I want to say thanks – thanks for giving me such a happy childhood, thanks for living through hell with me as a teenager, thanks for giving me room to grow up and create my family, thanks for welcoming my sons into your lives so graciously and thanks for letting me feel like your child again as a 49 year old woman.  Isn’t life a miraculous circle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment